William McDermott letter to J. Ross Clark, November 12, 1902
File 60-A searchlight Nev. Nov 12, 1902 Mr. J Ross Clark. Los Angeles Calif. Dear Sir, Mr. Clippinger and myself arrived here yesterday, but received a cold reception from the taxpayers-McNamee, the defeated Republican nominee for District Attorney. While through here campaigning, did everything he could to prejudice the citizens against the petition- The Searchlight paper has also been strongly against it. I send you under seperate cover marked copies of the paper with reference to this and Santa Fe R.R. matters, which I thought might be of interest to you. The people here expect no benefit from the S.P. L.A. & S.L. R.R. but do have confidence in the Santa Fe doing something for them; However we have succeeded in obtaining five signatures so far and expect a few more. We found no difficulty in securing all taxpayers signatures in Good Springs.
- William McDermott letter to J. Ross Clark, November 12, 1902
- Letter describes a petition that McDermott and his stenographer, Clippinger, are passing around in Searchlight and Goodsprings.
- 97 19--File 60A Part I
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services