J. G. Scrugham letter to F. R. McNamee, March 9, 1923
STATE OF NEVADA
March 9, 1923.
Mr. F.R. McNamee,
Attorney, LA&SLRR Co.,
Pacific Electric Bldg.,
Los Angeles, Cal.
This will acknowledge receipt of your letter regarding pending claims of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad company against the State of Nevada.
The legislature has passed and I have approved the relief bill for $1361.39, which I understood was a settlement in full of the claims, except for the Lincoln automobile. This item was disapproved by the Board of Examiners on the ground that it was not a necessary or authorized expense. This Lincoln car is held awaiting your orders as to its disposition.
I take exception to your statement that a Packard, or any other car, was purchased for the use of Governor Boyle and Inspector Renear. The facts of the case are that such cars were purchased, for use in the protection of the property of the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad.
Permit me to again call your attention to the fact that this protection of the railroad property involved the state in a very heavy and burdensome expense which has been borne without question when the expenditures were authorized by the State Board of Examiners.
I am of the opinion that the remaining questionable claims should be remitted by the Los Angeles and Salt Lake Railroad Company in view of the extraordinary and costly services already rendered by the state in the protection of the railroad property.
J. G. SCRUGHAM
- J. G. Scrugham letter to F. R. McNamee, March 9, 1923
- Individual Creator
- Letter calls into question expenses for protecting railroad property.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- Transportation; People;
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 300 dpi on Epson Expression 10000XL using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.;
- Digital ID
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Extent
- 24.5 MB
- Master File Format
Cite this Item:
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
Institute of Museum and Library Services