Goldfield Belmont Extension Minutes page 11
(3) To construct, maintain and operate, or to acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, tramways, tracks, andrailroads, and all rights-of-way,, privileges, franchises, machines, machinery and improvements necessary or convenient for the operationof the same, (not to be used as a common carrier); and also to con-struct, maintain and operate, or to acquire by purchase, lease or otherwise, power works for the creation and transmission of power by electricity,, steam, condensed air, cable, or any other known or discovered methods; and also all necessary buildings, machines, mach-inery, appliances, contrivances for the operation and use of the same, all to be used in the business of this company and in carrying out the objects and purposes for which it is formed.(4) To pay cash, or exchange property, or issue shares of stock for any real, personal or mixed property, privileges or franchises of any kind or character whatsoever, purchased or acquired by the company; or for services rendered, or other good and valuable considerations; and to borrow money for the necessary and proper uses and purposes of the company; and to issue bonds, notes or other evidences of indebtedness of this company therefor; and to secure any such indebtedness by mortgage, deed of trust, or otherwise, upon any of the real or personal property, privileges or franchises of this company, or any part thereof.(5) To carry on generally the business of buyingand selling, operating and dealing in real or personal property incident to, necessary for or desirable for the business of the company; and to grant, sell, convey, demise, let, exchange or otherwise transfer or dispose of any part or all of the mines, raining claims, raining properties, mills, smelters, reduction works, sampling works, machinery, plants, or other real estate or personal property of any kind or character whatsoever which may be owned by this company, from time to time and upon such terms as may be, by the Directors, deemed for the best interests of the company; and to take and receive in payment for same, or any part thereof, either cash or its equivalent, or the mines, real estate or personal prop-erty, or the bonds or capital stock of any other person,aumpany or companies, which may contribute in any manner to the business of this company, and the objects and purposes for which it is formed, as the Board of Directors may determine for the best interests of the company.(6) To create or cause to be created, if deemed for the best interests of this company, other corporations which may be subsidiary or tributary to this company; and to purchase, hold and own stock, to any amount, in any other company that is or may be subsidiary or tributary to this company and that does contribute to the objects and purposes for which this company is formed; and generally, to contract and deal with any such cor-poration or corporations, respecting any of the property, property-rights, privileges or franchises of either this company or of any of said other companies, and to handle, operate and control any of the properties or franchises of any such subsidiary companies, in any lawful manner, or to allow any of such companies to control, operate or handle any of the properties, rights, privileges or franchises of this company.
- Goldfield Belmont Extension Minutes page 11
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
- Not to be reproduced without permission. To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 600 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services