Leo McNamee letter to Fred E. Pettit, Jr., July 29, 1922
UNION PACIFIC SYSTEM
Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad Company
A. S. HALSTED,
F. R. McNAMEE,
General Attorney, Nevada.
LEO A. McNAMEE,
Assistant General Attorney, Nevada.
Las Vegas, Nevada. July 29th, 1922.
Mr. Fred B. Pettit, Jr., Asst. Gen. Solicitor, Los Angeles, Cal.
I received the 100 printed copies of the injunction, and yesterday afternoon, July 28th, caused forty copies to be posted around the shop yards at intervals of about 150 feet,
also on the Jap houses about 200 yards back of the shop yards, and I posted 41 copies at the following places.
1 at the Post office
5 - one on each pole on the West side of main street North of Fremont street
14 - one on each third pole on the West side of Main Street South of Fremont street
2 - one on each pole on the S. side of Fremont Street extended, between the depot and Main Street
1 on pole on east side of depot.
3 - one on door on east side and one at each West door of depot
2 - one on South and one on West side of Section gang oil house
2 - one on North and one on West side of Section gang car house, (near north end of L.V. Switch yards)
4 - One on each side and each end of Freight depot
1 -on pole outside R.R. Eating house door;
1 - On N.W. cor. Eating house coal yard fence;
1 on door of Telegraph office
1 - Passenger trainmens shanty
2 - on poles on East side of switch yards, near ice-plant.
The Deputy Marshall, Muller, received the copies to
serve yesterday, and served all but one or two, and left for Caliente this morning to make service there. He wired for three more deputies.
Very truly yours,
Leo A. McNamee
- Leo McNamee letter to Fred E. Pettit, Jr., July 29, 1922
- Individual Creator
- Letter reports how many and where copies of injunction against railroad strikers were posted. Asks for extra deputies.
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Graphic Elements (TGM)
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- City & town life; Transportation; People;
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries;
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 300 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.;
- Digital ID
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Extent
- 25.5 MB
- Master File Format
Cite this Item:
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
Institute of Museum and Library Services