C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, August 10, 1907
LINCOLN DAVIS & COMPANY BROKERS P.O. Box 334 GOLDFIELD, NEV. MEMBERS: GOLDFIELD STOCK AND EXCHANGE BOARD CHICAGO MINING AND STOCK EXCHANGE Aug 10/07 Dear Mother: Your letter of the 4th, No 12 was received yesterday evening. I had too much of a dinner last night to write so am writing this morning. Had the swellest dinner last night that I had struck in Goldfield. Geo Ward, a big gun, from Winchester had me go out to dinner with him. We went to a French restaurant 6 different courses including two quart bottles of wine. Now don't you think I got loaded for it was sweet wine. The first course was sardines, 2nd soup, 3rd some kind of French dope I couldn't name, 4th, Roast veal with spinnach, 5th, Roast beef & green peas, 6th some kind of dope with peaches & jelly. Tell you it was simply great. We were at the table for nearly an hour & a half. Hope Hick and Bilie are straightened out by this time. It would have cured their belly ache to have been with me last night. We have been having very cold nights here but it is almost impossible to be out in the sun about noon. The aire is so much lighter and the sun shines so much brighter here than it does at home. The glare of the sun here almost puts a fellow's eyes out of business. It just simply blinds a person to step out in the sun.
- C. A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, August 10, 1907
- Letter to his mother. He gave a detailed description of a meal he had in a new French restaurant in Goldfield.
- Original Collection
- Original Date
- Subject (TGM)
- City or Town
- Collection Subject (TGM)
- DC Type
- Genre (TGM)
- Is Part Of
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Digital Collection
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital ID
- Compound Object
- Master File Creation Date
- Master File Format
- image/tiff; 163 MB
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services