C.A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, February 15, 1908
M.J. MONNETTE, PRESIDENT THOS. H. CONDON, VICE-PREST. LINCOLN DAVIS, TREASURER A.A. BARRETT, SECY. R.J. SHOEMAKER, DIRECTOR J.R. HUBBARD, GEN'L. MGR. Baby Florence Mining Company P.O. Box 334 112 Hall St. Goldfield, Nevada Feby 15/08 Dear Mother:- I rec'd your No 1 of the 8th last Thursday with views of Muncie enclosed. I was glad to get that reminder of the old town. Everything looked natural but the Federal Bldg which as not there when I left. I recd your No 2 of the 9th this evening. Was sorry to hear you were unable to go to Uncle Lowells surpris. You must go as soon as you can. I always liked to go there. Wonder if your sweet dumplings would make me sick. Glad to know the kids are getting along so well with the mumps. It must be pretty lonesome up there for Jep and Grandpa without Mary. Hope she can soon be with them. You are a dandy to go to a sale and then not buy. Thurman was taking such good care of his money I thought. Expect if some one would offer him an elephant for a dollar he would take it because it was cheap. So Dady and Grandpa both got a fall. Well I have been expecting every letter to hear of some of you getting hurt by falling. You had all better be rough shod. I wish Grandpa would stay in while it is so bad. He don't take very good care of himself. Was glad to hear that [Beardy?] was on again. I hardly thought John would let him leave the factory. He is O.K. for a factory boss.
- C.A. Earle Rinker letter to his mother, February 15, 1908
- Original Date
- City or Town
- Main Subject (TGM)
- Subject (TGM)
- Source Collection
- Digital Format
- image/jp2; 204 MB
- Original Format
- Date Digital
- Conversion Specifications
- TIFF scanned at 400 dpi on Epson Expression 10000X using EPSON Scan Ver. 2.94A.
- Digital Publisher
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries
- Access Rights and Restrictions
- To purchase copies of images and/or for copyright information, contact University of Nevada, Las Vegas Libraries, Special Collections at: http://www.library.unlv.edu/speccol/
- Digital Collection
- Digital ID
- Letter to his mother. The letter discussed how they get drinking water from the store and how they use the snow and melt it down to get water.
- DC Type
- Is Part Of
Cite this Item
When linking to this object, please use the following URL:
CommentsSubscribe to recent comments
There are no comments yet. Be the first to comment below!
Institute of Museum and Library Services