MGM Grand original construction
MGM Grand, Las Vegas (now Bally’s)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Financier mogul Kirk Kerkorian, who had just sold his mega International Hotel to Hilton, now wanted a Las Vegas theme hotel that flaunted the image of the famous movie studio that he had just acquired and the great MGM movie “Grand Hotel.” He turned to the architect of the International, Martin Stern Jr. to design his new monument.
Location of Project
MGM Grand (now Bally's) opens
MGM Grand fire
2nd Tower constructed for $50,000,000
MGM Grand fire remodel
MGM Grand becomes Bally's
MGM Grand Las Vegas opens one block south of original MGM Grand (now Bally's)
Bally's purchased by Hilton Hotels Corporation
Bally's sister property Paris Las Vegas built and connected to Bally’s by a promenade
Bally's property sold to Caesars Entertainment, Inc.
Bally's North Tower renovated
- Photograph of a rendering of the International Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1968:
- This is a great image. Thanks
- Photograph of men playing faro in a Fremont Street casino (Las Vegas), circa 1930:
- I love this picture and the other one you have on the Faro Game. Please let me know How I...
- Film transparency of the swimming pool and patio of the Thunderbird Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1950s:
- The 1950'S images are great! Do you have more like this and how can I order reproductions?