Using Architectural Drawings for Research
Tips on Using the Collection
For architectural drawings we designed three main controlled vocabularies:
- Site name: the resort for which the drawings were created.
- Component of the site: the specific part of the site that the drawings refer to. For example, a component could be a restaurant or a theater.
- Drawing type: the characteristics of the drawings, such as tool aided drawing, freehand drawings, and floor plan or interior elevations.
Select terms using the vocabularies listed below. These terms come from Art and Architecture Thesaurus and Thesaurus of Graphic Materials.
Architectural Components of the Site
- Photograph of a rendering of the International Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1968:
- This is a great image. Thanks
- Photograph of men playing faro in a Fremont Street casino (Las Vegas), circa 1930:
- I love this picture and the other one you have on the Faro Game. Please let me know How I...
- Film transparency of the swimming pool and patio of the Thunderbird Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1950s:
- The 1950'S images are great! Do you have more like this and how can I order reproductions?