Originally located on Maryland Avenue, then on Emerson Avenue, the Reform congregation recognized the movement of the Jewish population toward Henderson and Green Valley, and acquired property through the generosity of the Greenspun family to build a campus on Valley Verde Drive.
In 1990, membership at Temple Beth Sholom had dropped due to the population moving outside of downtown Las Vegas toward the west and southeast. Temple Beth Sholom broke ground on a new campus in 1998, and the congregation moved into its new home on August 7, 2000.
Nathan Adelson died of cancer in 1978, and within a year his family and associates decided to honor his legacy by establishing a hospice program and facility to "fill gaps in existing community services," providing dignity to end-of-life care.
Irwin Molasky, with partners Merv Adelson, Moe Dalitz and Allard Roen, builds Sunrise Hospital on Maryland Avenue.
With a loan from Nate Mack, Hank Greenspun purchases the publication and changes the name to the Las Vegas Sun. The first issue of the Las Vegas Sun was published on May 21, 1950.
With over 100 signatures of charter members, Jewish women in Las Vegas organize an official chapter of Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America.
The members of the Jewish community begin fund-raising to build a new campus in 1955. Members performed East Lynne at the Silver Slipper with proceeds benefiting the building fund.