The International opens a 1500 room hotel, at the time the largest hotel in the world
International (Las Vegas Hilton, now Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, or LVH)
Las Vegas, Nevada
The International Hotel was the first true mega-resort and the first utilizing Martin Stern Jr.’s distinctive tri-form, with room wings radiating from a central service core.
Location of Project
Kirk Kerkorian sells the International Hotel and Fabulous Flamingo to Barron Hilton
The International is renamed the Las Vegas Hilton
The East tower 600-room addition is designed by Martin Stern
The North tower addition is made by Homer Rissman
The Las Vegas Hilton arson fire mimmick's the MGM Grand fire of the previous year
The new sign is erected by YESCO
"Star Trek: The Experience" opens and runs till 2008
The Las Vegas Hilton is purchased by Colony Capital/Resorts International
The International (Las Vegas Hilton) is renamed Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Name changed to: Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
- Photograph of a rendering of the International Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1968:
- This is a great image. Thanks
- Photograph of men playing faro in a Fremont Street casino (Las Vegas), circa 1930:
- I love this picture and the other one you have on the Faro Game. Please let me know How I...
- Film transparency of the swimming pool and patio of the Thunderbird Hotel (Las Vegas), circa 1950s:
- The 1950'S images are great! Do you have more like this and how can I order reproductions?